Professional advice suited to your needs
Would you like to look and feel your best long term, and reach your nutrition and lifestyle related goals? Would you like to be free of health issues and know for sure that you are getting all the nutrients you need? As a registered dietitian who is specialized in whole food, plant-based nutrition, I can help you!
We will be in touch through online video consultation. Together, we’ll take a look at your current diet and lifestyle. We will set realistic goals for you, and I will give you advice and tools to reach these goals. We are focusing on sustainable lifestyle change. This means I don’t do short term diets, lists of what (not) to eat or week menu’s, but I will give you the information and the help you need to change your lifestyle permanently.
I can help you with…
- Weight management. I’ll give you evidence-based, practical advice for losing or gaining weight, and share the right tools with you for you to reach your goal weight.
- Vegetarian and vegan diets. Whether you want to switch to a (more) plant-based diet, or are already eating plant-based but are worried you’re not getting adequate nutrition. I’ll help you enjoy all the benefits a plant-based diet has to offer.
- Adequate nutrition. Are you deficient in certain nutrients, or unsure whether you’re getting the right nutrition? I’ll give you all the knowledge and tools you need to consume a healthful and nutritionally complete diet.
- Allergies and food sensitivities. I will help you to find out which foods you are allergic or sensitive to, and will show you how to eat well without these foods.
- Health issues. By optimizing your food intake, there’s a lot to gain for improving health issues such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and fatigue.
- Digestive issues. I’ll give you advice to improve digestive issues such as constipations, irregular bowel movements, bloating and acid reflux.
- Pregnancy & breastfeeding. I’ll give you evidence-based and practical advice for optimal nutrition during this important time in your life. To care for yourself and to give your little one what he/she needs.
- Children’s health. Both to parents and children of all ages, I give practical advice to optimize a child’s diet.
- Is your health complaint or goal not listed? Send me a message and I will let you know if I can help you.
- You can sign up for personal nutrition consultation here. In your message, you can tell me what you need help with, and I would be happy to answer any questions you may have prior to the consultation. The first consultation we plan is always a 90 minute intake.
- Prior to the consultation, I will ask you to fill out an intake form and keep a food journal for one day.
- During the consultation, you are free to ask all your questions, and we will discuss your current diet, health, complaints and goals. Next, I will give you advice, and together we will set helpful and practical goals for you. You will receive your personal advice and goals by e-mail.
- Depending on your needs, we can plan a follow up consultation at the end of the intake.
- Are you running into problems or questions in between consultations that you would like solved immediately? We can always have an e-mail consultation to discuss these, so you can stay on track with your goals.
- In your last consultation, we will wrap up and discuss how you will keep up the new habits, and could possibly improve any further.
Frequently asked questions
I hold online consultation through Whereby. Prior to the consultation, I will send you a link. At the time of the consultation you can click this link, which will take you to an online waiting room. Here, you can enter your name and click ‘knock’, so I can let you in. Make sure your webcam and microphone are turned on. Easy does it!
My rate for 15 minutes is €17,75. An intake consultation of 90 minutes and 30 minutes for preparation and administration costs €142. A follow up consultation of 30 minutes and 15 minutes preparation and administration costs €53,25. For anything extra, such as an e-mailconsultation, I also charge €17,75 per 15 minutes. I will always discuss this with you in advance. This means you will never face any unexpected costs.
No, you do not need a referral to see a dietitian. I will determine through a screening (Directe Toegankelijkheid Diëtetiek) whether I can treat you and/or if you need to see your general practitioner first, for example when you have medical issues.
Some health insurers, such as CZ, DSW, Zorg en Zekerheid, Nationale Nederlanden and OHRA do ask for a referral letter. You can check your health insurance policy to find out whether yours does. If it does, then you can go to your general practitioner prior to consultation, to qualify for reimbursement.
Every Dutch health insurance covers 3 hours of treatment with a dietitian. This will be settled with your personal risk (eigen risico – usually the first €385 of healthcare costs), except for children under 18 years as they do not have an personal risk. If you have additional insurance, you might be covered for more hours.
Your health insurance will cover the consultation after you submit the invoice to them. The coverage is usually between 70-100% of the rate, when you have used up your personal risk already. To know for sure how much you will be reimbursed for, you can check your health insurer’s website before the consultation.
Out of respect for other clients and for my time, I ask that you reschedule or cancel your consultation 48 hours in advance. If you do not cancel or reschedule on time, 30 minutes (€35,50) will be charged. By making an appointment, you accept these conditions.
I am a contract-free dietitian, which means I do not have contracts with health insurers. Health insurers have a lot of power which is detrimental to a lot of healthcare professionals, amongst which dietitians. Their contracts are non-negotiable and the conditions in these contracts are increasingly more disadvantageous for both client and dietitian. I work without them to be able to take enough time for each client and provide better quality.
For you, this means that the costs will not be settled with your health insurance directly. You will pay the invoice and afterwards you can submit the invoice to your health insurance. This can usually be done very easily by uploading it on your health insurer’s website or app.