Professional advice suited to your needs
As a graduated and registered dietitian, I offer personal consultation to help you reach your health goals. Are you struggling to lose or gain weight? Do you want to eat (more) plant-based, but are you lost about where to start, or are you struggling to stay on track? Or are you simply unsure whether you’re eating healthy and getting all the nutrients you need? These are things I can help you with. Through online consultation, I will give you advice and we’ll put together a nutrition plan that suits your lifestyle. We’re not going for difficult and extreme, but for feasible and lasting. During our consultations, I will give you all the tools you need to change your lifestyle permanently. And during the whole process, I’m always available to give you extra support through WhatsApp or e-mail.
I can help you with…
- Weight management. I’ll give you advice for losing or gaining weight, and share the right tools with you to reach your goal weight.
- Vegetarian and vegan diets. Whether you want to switch to a (more) plant-based diet, or are already eating plant-based but are worried you’re not getting adequate nutrition. I’ll help you enjoy all the benefits a plant-based diet has to offer you.
- Sport. Confused by all the sport supplements and contradictory information? I’ll give you clarity and advice suited to you personally, to help you reach your athletic goals and improve your recovery.
- Adequate nutrition. Are you deficient in certain nutrients, or unsure whether you’re getting the right nutrition? I’ll give you all the knowledge and tools you need to consume a healthful and nutritionally complete diet.
- Health issues. By optimizing your food intake, there’s a lot to gain for improving health issues such as diabetes type 2, high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Digestive issues. I’ll give you advice to improve digestive issues such as irregular bowel movements, bloating and acid reflux.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding and menopause. I’ll give you suitable diet advice during pregnancy and breastfeeding. And also during menopause, diet optimization can be beneficial to your physical wellbeing.
- Children’s health. Both to parents and children, I give practical advice to optimize a child’s diet.
- Is your issue or question not listed? Send me a message clearly describing your problem and goals, and I will let you know whether I can help you.
Single intake consultation of 60 minutes – € 90,-
Single follow-up consultation of 30 minutes – €45,-
- You can sign up for personal diet consultation here. Based on the description of your goals and issues, I will assess whether I can help you straight away or advice you to see another medical professional first. In case of the first, we will plan your first 60-minute consultation.
- Prior to the consultation, I will ask you to fill out an intake form and keep a food journal (I will send you the format) for one day.
- During the consultation, we will discuss your current diet, health, issues and goals. Next, we will put together a personal nutrition plan for you, which I will develop further after the consultation and send you via e-mail within two days. With this, you can get started.
- During the whole process, I will support you and be available through WhatsApp or e-mail. In our follow-up consultations of 30 minutes, I will help you to stay on track and find solutions for any barriers you may come across.
- In the last consultation of your program, we will wrap up and discuss how you will keep up the new habits, and could possibly improve any further. We can also plan a follow-up program, depending on your situation and wishes.
- During all the consultations, you will have the comforts of home, since we carry out the consultations through Skype.
Frequently asked questions
You do not need a referral letter from your physician to receive consultation from me. As a dietitian, I will determine whether I can help you through a screening, the ‘Direct Dietetics Accessibility’ (Directe Toegankelijkheid Diëtetiek). When I cannot come to a clear diagnosis, I will refer you to a general practitioner or other medical professional first. Some health insurance companies do want to see a referral letter, these companies are CZ, OHRA, Nationale Nederlanden and De Friesland. If this is the case for your health insurance company, you can ask for a referral at your general practitioner. Call your general practitioner and ask for a referral letter to see a dietitian.
The basic insurance covers three hours of dietary consultation. I am registered with the ‘Quality Register for Paramedics’ (Kwaliteitsregister voor Paramedici) under KP-number 19103993789, which makes me a registered dietitian. That means three hours of dietary consultation with me will be (partly) reimbursed. This will be settled with the ‘personal risk’ (eigen risico) first, which are the first 385 euro of healthcare costs (or in case of a voluntarily increased ‘personal risk’, the first 985 euro). If you have already spent these healthcare costs, between 60 and 100 percent of 180 euro (fixed rate for three hours) maximum will be reimbursed. If you have additional healthcare insurance, more will possibly be reimbursed. The hours for dietary consultation, covered by additional insurance, are not at the expense of your ‘personal risk’. Children under 18 years old are exempt from the ‘personal risk’, so for them the consultation will always be (partly) reimbursed. To be sure how much reimbursement you will receive, you can check your health insurance policy and/or contact your health insurance company.
I am a contract-free dietitian, which means I have not signed any contracts with health insurance companies. Contracts from health insurance companies contain more and more conditions which are disadvantageous for both client and dietitian. For this reason, I choose to work without them. For you, this means your diet costs will not be handled directly through your health insurance, but you pay the bill in advance and have it reimbursed with your health insurance later. This gives you the advantage of having more insight into your own healthcare costs. With a contracted dietitian, an hour-rate will be charged and the bill will be handled directly with your health insurance, whereas with me you choose a program and know exactly what will be charged. This is especially advantageous for you since you may be charged the ‘personal risk’ (the first 385 to 985 euro), regardless of what kind of dietitian you see. I will send you the program bill after the intake consultation and ask you to complete the payment by bank transfer within 14 days.